Monday, November 5, 2012

Grattitude

There are days when the pitty party train parks itself right outside in my driveway and I feel incredibly tempted to jump on board and go for a "whoa is me ride."  Today was one of those days but luckily this day also happened to be our "thankful tree" day.  Emma was in charge this year and after spending several hours cutting out leaves for our poster, she reminded us that today was our day to give thanks for all that we have been blessed with.  


As the kids filled out their leaves





 Emma peacefully played her violin for us.


 While I appreciated the music in the background I was happy when she joined us at the island to share with us her leaves of grattitude.

I wasn't surprised when this was one of the first ones she filled out.


 Its amazing what a good dose of gratitude will do to drive away the dark clouds in our lives.


Our Thankful Tree filled up quickly this year.  We have much to be thankful for!



How grateful I am for this month of Gratitude and Thanksgiving. 
 I appreciate the  peace it brings as we recognized just how blessed we really are.  

What did Jack think about this family night activity?


I'm afraid Emma's angelic playing lulled him right to sleep.


This is what I am thankful for! 
 I adore my family and despite all of the craziness in our lives 
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.  







No comments:

Post a Comment